Friday, December 12, 2008

Accident Victim

I was returning to office from Lunch . I had just passed the LIC Square in Nagpur and saw a huge crowd gathered in front of Bank of India. As is our habit (my younger brothers and mine) i parked my two wheeler and went into the crowd to help the victim. People were just surrounding the victims and nobody was touching them . Everbody surrounding his was saying that he is a drukard. What i saw shocked me. I saw a man who was dehydrated and his skin and bone were touching and he had fainted. Next to him was lying a girl child who was barely a year old. She was crying .
I could not take it. I asked someone to get a bottle of water. Someone got water , we splashed it on the person face. After sometime the person recovered. He started crying as soon as he recovered. By that time the crowd dispersed. Somebody abusing him that he was a useless felow carrying a child with him when he was drunk. But the fact was that he was not drunk. He had got fits and he had fainted. Neither was he drunk.
I asked him what the problem was. He said that his wifes leg was amputed and she was admitted to IGMC Nagpur. She was asked to take some medicines which he could not afford. He had sold off his rickshaw to get medicines. Now he did not have the money to buy medicines. He had gone to a money lender who refused to give him money, as he did not have anything to pledge . We put him on to a rickshaw with the child and i accompanied him to IGMC. There we saw his wife lying outside the hospital on the road.
It was quite pathetic sight. I had some money with me about Rs 300/- which i handed over to them and asked them to get some medicines. I left them to Gods mercy. This incident happened a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment